(Updated 12/23/2015 -Withan)
An Update to Takata Airbag Recall
Takata has acknowledged their recall but claim to have everything under control. They only talk about how their products have helped people in the past. they're pretty much trying to save themselves. this is because the us government is fining the company $14,000 a day for their refusal to cooperate. Takata plays the 'didn't know nuffin' card and responded to the fining with, "We strongly disagree with the characterization that we have not been fully cooperative," We all know that Takata is just trying to save themselves from these massive failures. But that's just business.
"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration received notification from BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota that they are conducting limited regional recalls to address a possible safety defect involving Takata brand air bag inflators. "Today’s action is influenced by a NHTSA investigation into six reports of air bag inflator ruptures, all of which occurred in Florida and Puerto Rico. "Based on the limited data available at this time, NHTSA supports efforts by automakers to address the immediate risk in areasthat have consistently hot, humid conditions over extended periods of time. Consumers impacted by the recalls should have their vehicles serviced promptly once they receive notification from their vehicle manufacturer. NHTSA remains in close communication with the supplier and automakers to gather additional data and will take appropriate action based on our findings.” -NHTSA
- In hot humid conditions, these airbags are more likely to lethally rupture
- You should receive a notification about your vehicle if it's affected.
The Latest News
- Another fatality is being investigated by NHTSA as related. Driving a recalled 2001 Honda Accord a man was killed in July of this year.
- "Takata is prohibited from destroying or damaging any inflators except as is necessary to conduct testing."
- Takata is required to set aside 10 percent of recalled inflators and make them available to private plaintiffs for testing.
- Takata is required to submit for NHTSA’s approval plans for gathering, storing and preserving inflators already removed through the recall process and inflators removed in the future, as well as written procedures for making inflators available to plaintiffs and automakers who request access.
- Plaintiffs or automakers who seek access to inflators must submit to the terms of the preservation order, which grants NHTSA access to all testing data.
- "NHTSA retains the ability to collect inflators for its own testing if it determines such testing is necessary."-NHTSA
Affected cars All this information was taken directly from Here
2000 - 328i 2001-2006 - M3 2002-2003 - M5 2000 - 323i NEW 2002-2006 - 325Ci 2002-2006 - 330Ci 2002-2003 - 325iT UPDATED 2002-2003 - 325XiT UPDATED 2001-2006 - 325i UPDATED 2001-2005 - 325Xi UPDATED 2001-2006 - 330i 2001-2005 - 330Xi UPDATED 2002-2003 - 525i 2002-2003 - 530i 2002-2003 - 540i 2003-2004 - X5 3.0i 2003-2004 - X5 4.4i
2007-2008 Chrysler Aspen 2005-2010 Chrysler 300 2005-2010 Chrysler 300C 2005-2010 Chrysler SRT8 2008-2010 Dodge Challenger 2005-2010 Dodge Charger 2005-2011 Dodge Dakota 2004-2008 Dodge Durango 2005-2010 Dodge Magnum 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2003-2009 Dodge Ram 2500 2003-2009 Dodge Ram 3500 2008-2010 Dodge Ram 4500 2008-2010 Dodge Ram 5500
Daimler Trucks North America:
2008-2009 Sterling Bullet 4500 2008-2009 Sterling Bullet 5500
Daimler Vans USA LLC:
2006-2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 2006-2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500 2007-2008 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 UPDATED 2007-2008 Freightliner Sprinter 3500 UPDATED
2004-2006 Ranger 2005-2006 GT 2005-2014 Mustang
General Motors (GM):
2007-2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2007-2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 2007-2008 GMC Sierra 2500 2007-2008 GMC Sierra 3500 2003-2007 Pontiac Vibe 2005 Saab 9-2x
2001-2007 Accord 2001-2005 Civic 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid 2002-2006 CR-V 2003-2011 Element 2002-2004 Odyssey 2003-2008 Pilot 2006 Ridgeline UPDATED 2003 Acura CL 2002-2003 Acura TL 2003-2006 Acura MDX 2005 Acura RL
2004-2006 B-Series Truck 2003-2008 Mazda6 2006-2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 2004-2005 MPV 2004-2008 RX-8
2004-2006 Lancer 2004-2006 Lancer Evolution 2004 Lancer Sportback 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Raider UPDATED
2001-2003 Nissan Maxima UPDATED 2002-2006 Nissan Sentra 2002-2004 Nissan Pathfinder UPDATED 2001 Infiniti I30 NEW 2003-2005 Infiniti FX35 2003-2005 Infiniti FX45 2002-2004 Infiniti I35 2006 Infiniti M35 2006 Infiniti M45 2002-2003 Infiniti QX4
2003-2005 Baja 2004-2005 Impreza 2003-2005 Legacy 2003-2005 Outback
2003-2007 Corolla 2003-2007 Corolla Matrix 2004-2005 Rav4 2002-2007 Sequoia 2003-2006 Tundra 2002-2007 Lexus SC
here's the link to see if your car is on the recall list. your car pretty much has a bomb in it. (it has officially injured 3 people) , so be careful on your way to the dealership!